The 19th Annual Jamaica Jazz & Blues Festival | Jan. 29th-31st, 2015
Mariah Carey Headlines Jamaica Jazz & Blues Festival 2015
Also feat Charlie Wilson, The Pointer Sisters, Richie Stephens, Peter Cetera & More!
Global Superstar Mariah Carey has been confirmed as the headline star for the 19th annual Jamaica Jazz & Blues Festival set for January 29 – 31, 2015 at the Trelawny Stadium, Falmouth, Jamaica. This performance will mark her Caribbean debut and is a major triumph for the world-renowned Festival’s presentation.
“Welcoming Mariah Carey to Jamaica’s shores is truly exciting and we are extremely pleased to announce this iconic star as our headline act for 2015, ” says Festival Producer Walter Elmore. “Her agreeing to perform on our stage is a testament to the quality of our production, ” Elmore added. “We are the only Festival in the Western Hemisphere to present Mariah Carey since her last tour in 2006.”
Mariah Carey has logged in more than 200 million records sold and 18 Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 Singles. With her distinctive five-octave vocal range and prolific songwriting and producing talent, Carey has defined the modern multi-format performer. She has received multiple GRAMMY® Awards, 21 American Music Awards, Billboard’s Artist of the Decade Award, the World Music Award 2014 Pop Icon and Artist with Most No. 1 Singles in America Awards, and BMI’s Icon Award for her outstanding achievements in songwriting, among other notable accomplishments.
Her set list for Jamaica is expected to be an exciting mix of her biggest fan-favorite pop and dance hits, R&B ballads, and hip-hop jams, along with popular selections from her critically acclaimed CD, Me. I am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse.
“I’m thrilled to be performing in Jamaica for the first time ever”, says Mariah. “I can’t wait to connect with my Jamaican fans and I am really looking forward to spending some time “pon de island” as well!”
“Jamaica Jazz & Blues Festival is all about creating memorable musical experiences, ” says Elmore, “and patrons can expect a fantastic show for 2015. We have more acts to announce in the coming weeks that will certainly delight our audiences.”
For complete line-up and additional information, please visit the official website.
About the Festival
• The Jamaica Jazz & Blues Festival is the Caribbean’s Premier Music Festival and one of the most anticipated events on Jamaica’s entertainment calendar.
• 2015 will be its 19th year.
• Featured in two (2) HBO documentary specials: One Love-Jamaica Jazz and Blues 2011 and Where the Music is Always Alive – Jamaica Jazz and Blues Festival 2012, which was aired to over 300 million viewers in over 23 countries in the Caribbean and Latin America.
• The Festival welcomes over 25, 000 patrons each year, including over 6000 visitors to the island of Jamaica.
• The Festival is usually held the last weekend in January and encompasses a range of music genres including Jazz, R&B, Blues, Pop, Latin, Reggae, Soca, and various types of musical fusions.
• Past performers include: Celine Dion, Lionel Richie, Diana Ross, Gladys Knight, Air Supply, Norah Jones, Hall & Oates, Maroon 5, Natalie Cole, Kenny Rogers, Anita Baker, John Legend, Alicia Keys, Maxi Priest, Babyface, Joss Stone, Monty Alexander, Billy Ocean, Chaka Khan, Mary J Blige, Dionne Warwick, Estelle, George Benson, Smokey Robinson, Earth, Wind & Fire, Jill Scott, Brian McKnight, Julio Iglesias, Robin Thicke, among others.
• 2012 – headliner was Celine Dion for her first performance in the Caribbean and on a festival stage.